Saturday, November 29, 2014

Booze Blog

My friend R has been telling me that I need a niche blog to start once I move.  He has a good point that a niche blog has a build in audience, but he kept thinking food whereas I'm not as into food as he and the hubby are.

Today my sister said that once I'm moved back we need to go to a speakeasy that she had found in town.  I looked into their site and it was pretty cool, with amazing sounding drinks.  Then it hit me; my blog could be finding the state's "Official Drink."  We have an unofficial one that not many people know about, but it could be fun.  I could get into the history of the state and travel around.  It might even pay a little more if I got advertisers.

I did find a drink recipe based site located in my town, but I think that mine would be different enough that it would be fine.  I might even email them and ask them about their opinions and make get them to write something about my blog.  I could cite spending 10 years in the boozy lower half of the state being experience for knowing what a good drink tastes like.  I think it could be a lot of fun.  I just really need a name.

No comments: