Friday, November 14, 2014

Big Martyr 6

Hubby called me to say that the realtor called him.  She spoke with the buyer's realtor, and apparently he's got his head up his ass.  I'm not sure if he is just new to the whole real estate game, or just an ignoramus who had never been challenged before.  He tried to pull a fast one and said that he had plenty of time to complete his end of the process, and if we didn't like it he would walk with the earnest money.  Our realtor let him know that if he walked from the deal now, we get the earnest money as part of the paperwork that he signed stating that he would have his end of the process done by last Sunday, which he hadn't.  Our realtor thinks that she straightened him out, so hopefully by the 17th I can put in my notice.

Five minutes after I got off the phone with hubby my mother called me.  I'll never know what she called me about, because I told her about the realtor part and that Hubby had moved his flight to exactly a week from today.  She got mad because she had canceled her massage on Sunday to drive him to the airport.  I asked her if she had even asked him if he needed a ride, because he could have gotten it from anyone, or even left early, and there was no need to cancel her plans.  She stated that he had no other way of getting there but her.  When she answers like this, it just means that she didn't talk to him in the first place, just canceled her plans.  She's got a martyr complex that is going to cause us to just get an apartment.  I told hubby to call mom because she was really pissing me off.

Before he could call she sent him a passive aggressive text message: "Wish you had let me know before.  I cancelled my plans for Sunday morning to take you to the airport and made plans for Sunday Afternoon."  Hubby texted her back: "If you had let me know you had made plans I might have.  Besides, it was not necessary for you to cancel those plans in the first place.  I certainly appreciate the fact that you want to help, but I can make other arrangements if you have other things to do.  You don't need to put your life on hold for me.  One of the reasons I wanted to move back was to help you."

Drama drama drama.  I didn't want any of it.  I went downstairs to have breakfast and did some laundry, then later on went to the moves with my friend M, who I'm glad to be hanging out with more.  She's doing a boot camp that got her to lose ten pounds already, so she's doing well.  She says she's not ready to date yet, and I totally understand.  When she is ready, she deserves to have someone special.

G got us the tickets and we thanked him on the way out.  He got me an "Annie" poster and M a" Dumb and Dumber To" poster.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with the poster, but I am excited for the movie.  Big Hero 6 was cute, but there were a lot of plot holes that I had a problem with.  I also feel like all Marvel can do this year is give us adorable characters that (spoiler alert) have a limited vocab and die needlessly.

All I wanted this weekend was some time by myself.  I got granted a week without the hubby, but these past two days had enough contact that sometimes I just want to shut off my phone.  Maybe I can accidentally leave it on airplane mode next weekend.

No comments: