Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Small, deathlike thoughts

A co-worker came back from bereavement today.  His dad had died, and he was away all last week.  I gave him the best advice that was given to me when my dad died: I'll be there for you whenever you need me, and I'm not going to bring it up to you again.

Everyone came up to him all day saying how sorry they were.  He took it in stride and was pretty good about it all.  I think he's still in shock.  It really took me back to when my dad died and how I felt about it.  It was such a bad time for me, not only because of his death but because of all the friend drama and unemployment

That was a really low time for me.  I have new problems now, but they don't seem as hopeless as I was then.  I hope things get better for my co-worker.

No comments: