Monday, April 07, 2014

Walk it Off

My sister asked me to take her to urgent care at 8:30 this morning. Her foot had started hurting around 1:00 AM, and she could no longer put any weight on it. I had woken up at 8:30 to this guy outside my window;



I had to drop her off at urgent care and then go across town for my appointment with Dr Hitler. My blood test results came back that I was a bananas train wreck. The huge sickness I had at the beginning of the year had totally thrown my body out of whack. Having an auto-immune disease is going to be harder than I thought. I really have to go out of my way to try not to get sick. 

By the time I finished my appointment, as well as set up 3 new medications, I got a text from my sister that they told her that she had broken her foot. A tiny bit of bone on the side had broken off and was floating around causing a ton of pain. They were shocked she had hobbled around for a week on it, trying to "walk it off" and had essentially caused it to break. It's a family trait, putting up with the pain until we just can't anymore. 

One of my co workers were nice enough to lend me her crutches, so my sister is back to being semi-mobile. It's her right foot so she can't drive, but her friend will pick her up for school tomorrow. I really hope this doesn't cause her to miss out on a lot in massage school. 

We also picked up some frames today for a poster hubby had got and my Veronica Mars poster. I'm glad it's finally safe in glass now, it was making me nervous in a tube all this time. With those two posters we have officially run out of wall space in the house. I think that means it's time to move. 

No comments: