Sunday, June 20, 2010

Don't Worry...Be Happy?

Today is Father's Day.  Depressing enough, right?  It doesn't even feel like he's been dead a year, but it has.  And this one has been hard.  It seems like every other email is something about Father's day.

But then, Monday my job got eliminated.  So I've been unemployed for 6 days now.  And since we have a mortgage, I had to file for unemployment. 

And I got less than half of what I'm making.  For six months.  Apparently luck is not on my side.

The only sure-thing job I've found is through a friend, and I know I'll hate it.  And I'll get paid at least $4 less an hour than my old job.

I want to hold out for a job that I will love, but this is the real world.  The world where I need to pay bills and keep my house and eat.  Dream jobs, especially in my field, don't just fall out of the sky.  I'm almost 30 years old, this life doesn't have a happy ending.  It's game over.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think it's too soon to call a game over on this one.

When I was unemployed I went from making 40k a year to 16k. Hoo boy, that sucked. Anyway, I found a new job that paid me even more than the one that let me go. Your dream job is still out there. It takes work and creativity, but it's out there.

D said...

Sometimes it's best to just throw your hands up in there air and say 'well this sucks right now' and now that eventually things will slowly make their way back up. They gotta balance out eventually right? It's science :)
The worse off things are the better they'll become.