Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Stop the Ride, I Want to Get Off

My Monday was Garfield sized today.  I started out with the whole first half of my work day at meetings, which is just too much people to deal with alongside the fact that I have to help run the meetings.  The last meeting was a focus group about the first meeting.  I wish I could explain about what my job is currently doing, but it is so convoluted I'm exhausted just thinking about it.  I imagine it is what getting caught in the undercurrent feels like when you are in an Ocean.  I feel like I'm on a theme park ride that is making me nauseated, only I don't get motion sickness.  As lame as it sounds, I guess it's just the motion of my life that is making me sick.

I came home so drained, and Hubby wanted to know what was wrong.  I vented a little, and then we got caught up in what I call venting and what he calls problem solving.  I just want to be told I'm right in feeling the way I do and I'm awesome, but instead he is trying to solve problems.  Sometimes even the best couples get into a little Venus/Mars problems.  After he fully aggravated me I saw what he was doing and just told him "I'm having a women problem honey.  I need you to treat this like a women problem and not a man problem."  He understood, and made me feel a little better.

By the end of the night I still wanted to just cry myself to sleep.

No comments: