Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Adult Day

I did a lot of adult crap today.  I got the house ready for new people to see it around 2:00 PM.  They were really nice, and hopefully they really liked the house.  Then I left quickly before the 5:00 PM appointment to get my oil changed and picked up my prescriptions.  When I walked into Sam's Club they handed me a flyer that said they were doing flu shots until 5:00 PM that day, and no other day.  So I decided that I should follow Dr. Hitler's advise and get a flu shot.  I really can't be sick like I was at the beginning of the year again, I just can't seem to bounce back quickly enough.

I hurried home and about 20 minutes before they were supposed to show up they canceled.  Figures.  At least I got all my adult crap out of the way.  It's funny, when I was a kid I thought about how cool it would be to be in charge of my life like this.  I went to get an oil change because it needed to be done, talked to the mechanic about what needed to be replaced for next time.  I got a flu shot despite the fact that I'm still not fond of needles.  I did it because it was the adult thing to do.  Of course, I also felt like I really deserved a milk shake afterwards for doing it and not being a big whiner.

But I didn't get one, because I'm an adult.  Being an adult is not as much fun as it was in my head when I was a kid.

No comments: