Tuesday, October 07, 2014

I Couldn't Help But Wonder

I woke up essentially single this morning.  It was cloudy, so my first instinct was to stay in bed.  I trusted my first instinct and looked up the singer that my friend and I are going to see tonight.  She'd put on Facebook that she wanted to go, and it was only $5.00.  The singer is an Irish Rockabilly type who recorded a song on the 2011 Buddy Holly tribute album.  Newly faux-single, I embraced going out to see my friend who shares a name with a Sex and the City character.

I fully embraced that this day was my own, and stayed in bed reading until 12:30.  Then I got out of my PJs, into an oversized t-shirt, and went downstairs for breakfast.  Fully embracing my Carrie Bradshaw, I didn't care about walking around barefoot in my house making breakfast without any hurry.  This must be how she felt, without thinking about it being special.

As I flipped on the channel to see SaTC playing, I couldn't help but wonder...do we just romanticize whatever we don't happen to have in our lives at that moment?

No comments: