Thursday, October 09, 2014

Going to Bed Angry

Someone wanted to see the house at 9:30 this morning, so I was up early and didn't get much sleep because I knew I needed to get up early.  Psyching myself out for sleep is the cornerstone upon which my existence is based.

The couple came with their obnoxious realtor who turned on every light switch she could find.  The couple was nice and brought their adorable toddler.  They were in and out in 7 minutes, and they were the first couple that was on time.

I had yet another meeting to run today at work.  I was so tired, and yawned basically all night.  I did have another meeting where I went over my peer review, which actually went really really well.  I did better than I ever have, and it made me feel like maybe they would miss me when I was gone.  I told another coworker about my plan, and she was supportive but sad to see me go.

An awesome co-worker started a collaborative Spotify playlist for our section, so we had a lot of fun adding to the list.  I added Rave On by Buddy Holly, but didn't get to hear it played. Just like Johnny Rocket's jukebox, I guess it came on while I was in the bathroom.  The co-worker who started the playlist texted me as I got home to say that he had never heard of Buddy Holly before and enjoyed the song.  Maybe he was blowing smoke up my ass, but it was really cool of him to comment on it and say he liked it.

I was damn near falling asleep when I got off of work, luckily Hubby called me to keep me awake on my drive home.  Sadly the connection was bad, and the conversation came around to the mistake that he had made with the whole situation, as we are worried that the house isn't selling.  His battery started to die so we got off the phone.  I wasn't tired anymore, but angry.

So now I'm sitting here watching Project Runway because I'm too angry to sleep.

No comments: