Sunday, March 02, 2014

Sushi and Oscar Night

Hubby and I went to a new sushi place today that was pretty good, then came home to have a nice sushi coma.  I'm now watching the Oscars and sad that Leo DiCaps still didn't win.  I feel the Susan Lucci vibe and I don't like it.

I was reading over Post Secret today and there was a postcard that said she took pictures every time she had sex so she could show her future child what she looked like on the day she conceived them.  It made me think of how documented we have made our lives.  Even I am doing the same thing on this blog for the year, and yet I wonder what everyone else's reasons are for doing it, other than just self centered-ness.  Why the need to overshare every moment in our lives?  Is it the need to connect with another human, as we fall further and further apart from each other physically?

Is it better or worse that I like someone's Instagram photos more than I speak to them in person?

No comments: