Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Much to Think About

I lived a lot inside my head today.  There was a lot going on, I was running around at work nearly all day.

At work we joke around when someone doesn't know something easy on the computer.  We laugh and say "You forgot how to Internet."  When I got to work today I told a co-worker how my body was being crazy, because I got measured at Victoria's Secret and went up a cup size.  I was trying on a push up bra, and something didn't feel right, so I called over the lady who measured me and asked if it just was a wrong fit.  She had to instruct me to pull my boobs up into the cup and it would fit better.  I told my co-worker "I forgot how to boob."  We all had a good laugh.

There was a new program that was started at work, that really felt like it was thrown together.  It started to get to me when it became clear how ill-conceived the program was.  I had to take a deep breath, and realize that in the end it wasn't mine to be upset about.  I was just helping, and it was not going to be me that looked bad or stupid.

Sometimes that pep talk to myself works, and somethings it doesn't.  This time it really did work like a charm.  I didn't stress about it, I was able to just enjoy the time that it took me away from the real work.

No comments: