Tuesday, March 04, 2014

It's Tuesday, and I'm Fat

Being Jewish, I only know about Fat Tuesday and Ash Wednesday from books and movies.  I once almost wiped someone's ashes off their forehead because I didn't know what it was.

So I guess it is supposed to be a day where you feast like hell, and I think it is the last day of Mardi Gras.  It felt like anything but a party today.

I couldn't sleep due to yesterday's misadventures.  I ended up getting up hours before I needed to in order to pace and continue to call the doctor's office until they opened.  It was in those wee morning hours that I also discovered that the antibiotics I am taking just gave me a yeast infection.  I had almost managed to forget that my body does that after a heavy round of Amoxicillin.

I stayed on hold for 20 minutes while the doctor called the pharmacy and  finally got the correct medication.  I picked up some Monistat 1 (Who has time for the 7 day or 3 day version?  No thank you) that seems to come as a "fun pack" now.  It came with the treatment, 4 "cool wipes," and the normal ointment.  I fully expected a warm blanket and a grandma to come popping out, and she would tell me that life was all going to be okay.

Of course I was in a meeting when I was supposed to take my pill, and I forgot to take it afterwards.  I was IMing back and forth with J today about what happened on Thursday.  She seems really defensive and passive aggressive about it, and I tried to explain my side.  I was the last one to send a message, so I guess the ball is in her court.  I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end of this friendship. All I really wanted was for her to say she wanted to work it out, but she never did.

No comments: