Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ikea Pit Stop

We woke up and ate at the hotel's coffee shop again before taking off for Ikea.  It was a pretty quick trip, the largest thing we walked away with was a piece of furniture to put your shoes by the door.  We had lunch at an amazing Indian place nearby, and then started the trip home.

Random memory from the day: We were in the elevator in the hotel, going down to check out.  Another couple in the elevator asked us why we brought our own pillows.  I ended up saying because we were "sensitive" but what I thought she wanted me to say was that we were picky as hell.  She did agree that sometimes a good pillow will make or break a hotel, but at that point I realized how long it had been since we changed the sheets, and how much our pillows must have been stinking up the elevator.  I felt kind of bad, so now, before I go to bed, I'm making hubby help me change the sheets.

Tomorrow is my birthday, which I will spend alone by choice.  I think it will be a nice change.

No comments: