Wednesday, March 12, 2014

New Desk Day

I haven't started my new shift yet, but I did move my desk today.  Everyone in the area apparently is a huge vampire and doesn't like the lights on.  I can't see my calendar across the desk, it's dumb.  I have two lights on my desk and both don't do a good enough job. 

There is an overwhelming amount going on in the next few days.  The Veronica Mars movie, my movie, is coming up in less than 24 hours.  I paid to have it brought to the big screen via Kickstarter, and this really does feel like a moment I'll remember for the rest of my life.

My husband says it's silly how I'll anthropomorphize inanimate objects.  I suppose the same is true of characters in books and movies.  I'm re-watching the season finale of season 1 of VMars right now, and crying even though it is the millionth time I've watched it.  This character feels like a part of me in a way that Anne of Green Gables and Erica from Being Erica did.  Fiction shapes my reality, and no matter what happens in this movie tomorrow, I will be happy to have visited my old friend one more time.

No comments: