Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Last of the Christmas Roast Beast

Sorry about these popping up late, my laptop decided it doesn't like to connect to the internet anymore and the app doesn't like publishing.

At work today I texted my 2 friends and asked when we were exchanging the rest of our Christmas presents.  We had to wait for a delayed package to come in for one of them (damn polar vortex).  We decided to make it that night and stay for a drink downtown.

It's hard for us all to get together, but I thought for a moment it was all going to blow up in my face when we continued to group text each other during the day.  My guy friend G texted about an hour before "Hey ladies my gf got off early and is gonna join for a few minutes and I'm gonna bounce she was supposed to get off at 10.  We are going out early tomorrow so she is spending the night with me.  Just a heads up."

I got upset with him because if he wasn't going to stay then why were we even getting together?  After some fun back and forth about that G sent a huge text out that included "OUT OF CONSIDERATION FOR YALLLLL, I told her we will be exchanging gifts and then leaving because y'all won't want her around...So at the end of the day I was looking out for you ladies."

I got offended again because I have zero against this girl and I'm sure he's telling her something stupid like we hate her to rile her up.  So I texted back that we all needed to go out for a drink and freaking STAY out together, and I brought it up when we were together also and let her know that G is the one making up these crazy stories about us not liking her.  It was a tiny bit of drama, but in the end we all stayed out drinking and having snacks and had a really nice time.

My sister has a kid in her massage school class that looks like one of the actors in Supernatural, so we are now referring to him as Winchester whenever he comes up.

At the end of the night I was really happen to be going out and having a good time with everyone, and how we don't have many of these days left.  G is moving out to LA and I hope to be moving back home by the end of this year.  This is quickly becoming a really good time in my life, and I hope I'm not screwing it up or not taking opportunities I should be.


No comments: