Thursday, January 09, 2014

Her

It was just a normal day at work, but I did get to see "Her."  It's actually the first Spike Jonze film I've seen.  I keep meaning to see "Being John Malkovich" but can never get around to it.

"Her" was amazing, and I love how rich it was with emotion.  It's like what every Sofia Coppla film is trying to be and falls short.  There is deep emotion within the moments of silence.  I'm not normally a ScarJo fan either, but I think she was perfect in this role.  It helped that I didn't see her I guess.  It is an amazing movie and I would recommend anyone see it.

ETA: I posted this to Tumblr when I saw it because it really was the one thing that bothered me about the movie.  It's like the props department and the costume department really didn't get along.  Or it was symbolic of never really fitting in.  Either way, bothersome.  I refuse to believe the future holds fun technology with the unfortunate downside of high waist pants.

No comments: