Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mall Rats

Sundays are quickly becoming my favorite day of the week because we all get to be together.  My sister needed a real day planner since her massage school doesn't allow cell phone to be used for any reason in class, so we made a trip to the mall in the next town over.

I haven't been to a real mall in a really long time.  I was super excited to see that VS and BBW were having their semi-annual sale at the same time and spent more money that I probably should have.  But I'm glad that I now have enough for an actual lingerie drawer, something I never would have thought about when I was depressed.

5 months ago I would have thought it was a complete waste of money to buy "pretty" underwear as it didn't make me feel any better about myself.  To be fair I still wouldn't wear thongs or frilly bras every day of the week because I like to be comfortable.  I also like to look a certain way in clothing, and that's not seeing the lace on my bra through my shirt.

Everything is so much better now in terms of my self esteem despite my being against daytime lingerie.  I feel like putting on makeup every day and caring about my appearance.  I'm still trying to wrangle this pixie cut into something cute every day, but in the end I know I'll figure out something that will look average for the day.

I'd really like to go shopping for new clothes but I really should be looking into joining a gym so I can lose more weight.  There is one opening very close to the house, but I don't really want to join for ethical reasons.  They have pizza and tootsie rolls there, and some sort of "asshole alarm" when someone drops a weight or make too much noise.  I've also heard that if you get too fit, they kick you out. It is only $10 a month though, and it's hard to argue about that kind of price.  My sister might join with me, so I guess we'll look into it later.  I am still losing weight, but very slowly at this point.  Dr. Hitler wanted me to lose 30 pounds by the time I saw her in April.  I'm only down about 5 pounds since I saw her last.

No comments: