Monday, August 11, 2014

To Live Would Be An Awfully Big Adventure

My sister and I ran a few errands today, and went to pick up some more French macarons when I got a twitter message to my phone that Robin Williams was dead.  A celebrity death hasn't upset me this much since Michael Jackson.

A man who cared so much about other people and making people laugh took his own life.  Having struggled with depression in the past and present, it doesn't look good when someone with that much life and love couldn't take it anymore. A popular post online states he said:

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."

I really take this quote to heart, because it makes me feel better about moving away from this city.  There is no one here that doesn't make me feel more alone.  I need to go back to where I have a support system.  I'm back to feeling like this was the right decision.

At the same time, I'm also just really sad that he left us before I, or his family was ready.  I wish that something had prevented this from happening, like his TV show getting renewed instead of canceled.  I watched Hook and Bicentennial Man today in his honor, as it is the only two Robin Williams films that I own.  He gave so much to all his roles, and to his life in general.  I hope he is somewhere now that depression doesn't fill him, only lightness of being.

No comments: