Saturday, August 09, 2014

Son of a Beach

We woke up and went to a boardwalk in a city I'd never been before.  We walked around the dirty pier, and I wondered exactly why this place had been recommended to me.  It wasn't totally unpleasant, but I'd never go back there again.  We were stopped by a security guard on the pier who said we looked like three generations.  Basically that I was a slutty 7 year old and my sister was my daughter.  Went to go drink some bleach after that.  Maybe this pixie cut was a bad idea after all.

We went back to the hotel and hung out by the pool because the beach there was too busy.  By that time I had already developed a bit of a sunburn, but it was overcast so I didn't get worse (I also put on sunscreen anyway).

We had a sushi dinner that was pretty lackluster for being by a beach, and then looked up a place for dessert.  We saw a place that had a good rating on salted caramel ice cream at another nearby beach side shopping place.  Mom also wanted to stick her feet in the ocean, so away we went.  The parking was terrible, and we had to park far away.  Mom was very tired after all the walking, so I left her and my sister at the ice cream place while I went to grab the car.

By the time I got back with the car, Mom was in a foul mood.  I'm not sure what happened, but I thought it best to just go back to the hotel and go to sleep.  We got some French macarons that I had never had before, and my sister and I shared one before bed.  It's my new favorite thing ever, they are so yummy.


No comments: