Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Chaotic

 It was a high stress day with mostly positive payoffs.  It started out as two of my favorite people leaving, one for another department, and one left the company altogether.  I didn't have time to be sad, because I had a meeting I was running within a half hour of my arrival.

I had never been to these kind of meetings before, and hate having all eyes on me, (INFJ) so it was really hard to manage.  I hadn't been prepared, and I really hate being taken by surprise.  In the meeting I saw an opportunity to take control of an issue that was causing some horrible moral.  I know that it needed to be done, and I hope to do it justice.

I had a meeting later in the night that made me feel a lot better about contributing to the group as a whole, and I had a moment of weakness on the way home.  What if moving back home was a mistake?  Today was a day that was hectic, but I got through it and felt like I accomplished something. Maybe things are changing. 

This is one day out of hundreds spent feeling fruitless.  In the end I think I made the right decision.

No comments: