Monday, August 25, 2014

Airport Run

My BFF and her two friends came into town today, I picked them up at the airport.  There were very happy to hop into my Cube instead of a cab and we had brunch at Chipotle before I dropped them off at their hotel.  One of them (not my friend) is reviewing the hotel and they need to clock crazy hours at the pool before she can get her stuff for free and write her review.

My BFF mentioned in the car ride that I was a writer also, and the friend asked which guilds I was part of and who I've written for.  I immediately felt terrible about myself.  I felt like I had wasted my life and what was I doing?  Moving home with my tail between my legs?  What a loser!

The feeling passed but still haunted me all day.  Her friend said she would set me up with all the things I need to write, which is really nice of her for only really meeting me this year.

The Realtor came over in her 4 inch heels and said that our house looked really good.  Basically as long as we cleaned up the rest of the clutter, she sees no reason why it wouldn't sell for at least 45,000 over what we paid.  At the end of the day, we'll only end up with about 20,000 after paying off all our stuff.  But it is money we didn't have before, so I guess it's a win.  We decided to put it on the market in exactly a week.

This just got way more real.

No comments: