Saturday, August 16, 2014

Name Dropper

I kept updating my resume today.  I sent it to my mom, and she said "I don't think your education should be on top as the first item.  Getting a degree and the work you did in your department is good, but college days are a long time ago.  Your work experience should be what you are promoting now."

Thanks mom.  What a confidence boost: I'm old.  My terribly boring work history comes first.

Just shoot me in the head.  My disaster scenarios are just getting larger and larger.  We are going to get foreclosed on our house and my entire savings account is going to be obliterated by the end of October.  This is not how I imagined it to be at all.  I really wanted to go through a "last time I do this" list that I no longer have time to even make.

I hate to be a pessimist, but I don't think this is going to end well.  My sister leaves tomorrow, and I don't even have room in my heart to deal with it right now.

No comments: