Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Third Act

I've been internalizing a lot of my emotions since moving back.  Dealing with 3 personalities instead of just 1 or 2 has been extremely taxing.  Never was that more clear than today when my Jewish Mother and Sister dogged all over Christmas while my Hubby was trying hard to embrace celebrating a Jewish Christmas, aka going out to Chinese...sans movie, since everyone else seems to have adopted that and it was too busy.  I think people just don't know how to communicate anymore, so they seek out movies, tablets, electronic distractions in place of just getting together as a family.

Even as I sit here watching one of my gifts from Hubby, he sits downstairs on the computer while my mom reads upstairs in her bedroom. My sister will be out of the house until everyone else has gone to bed.  The family is fractured even when it is together.  I can't continue to force a conversation between them, I'm not built that way.  I'm not used to feeling like this...not anymore.  Our family was this fractured before I left the house, I just forgot.  It's just more complicated with Hubby here.

I feel like my life has entered the third act.  I've gone through childhood, young adult, and full grown adult life is starting.  I'm a totally different person than I was a few weeks ago.  I need to figure out who I am now.

No comments: