Friday, December 19, 2014

Tell Me What to Do

Today seemed okay at first. My sister and Hubby and I went to see Annie. It was cute and I think the reviewers are too harsh about it. It's charming.


Then we got food and came home to mom in a bad mood, and suddenly hubby decided that the whole kitchen counter needed to be clear for him to cut the cut the chicken we had just brought home. He started dumping things into the trash, and I just bailed. I knew it would upset mom, and it was a move my father would have made, so I saw the fight coming. What I didn't see coming was hubby losing it on mom completely. He asked her why she had "made" him quit his $47,000 a year job to move in with her so that she could treat him this way. He stormed out of the house without his phone and was gone for an hour. 

I started texting his brother worried that he had just decided to spend the night there, but then he walked in the door. He still wanted to leave, but I got him to talk about it and stay.  He said he'd apologize to mom, but she didn't want to talk about it tonight. I said we'd go over it along with some ground rules tomorrow. 

I can't take a side, but I've got to take a stand. I just don't know what I want to do. 

No comments: