Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Years Eve. New Year, New Resolution

I'm up early to let in the handyman for a check up on our heater. I got an email this morning that the three hour interview was for nothing. I was almost relieved. 


Of course, that means I'm truly unemployed going into the New Year. 

My mom wants me to pursue writing and photography as a means of making money. I'm not sure I can work by myself like that, but I guess only time will tell what next year holds for me. 

I think this writing exercise has been both good and bad.  Good in that it forced me to write every day, which was something that I needed to do anyway. Bad in the sense that I don't feel like I got any good quality writing out of the entire year.  I didn't work on my novel at all, and the November project completely messed up my entire writing style. I think a photography challenge would be a little better for next year, as it affords me more time to write creatively. I'm going to few hours left to decide what kind of photography challenge it will be. 

I'll be back here to consolidate the months and see exactly what I learned from it. Hopefully I can still get something out of it. 

Until then, Happy New Year everyone. 

No comments: