Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bette and Gary

In my most recent Amazon box was a DVD copy of Beaches and First Wives Club.  I had seen an article about FWC and decided I liked it enough to buy a $5 copy.  Then I saw that Beaches was on sale for the same price, so I picked that up too.

I watched some of Beaches this morning with the commentary, and it hit me how much Gary Marshall movies have shaped my life.  I remember fighting with my best friend about if we were CC or Hillary, much like girls in the last decade said if they were a Carrie/Samantha/Charlotte/Miranda.

Gary Marshall movies are so much more to me than that though.  I feel like everything important I've learned about life I've learned from those movies.  The importance of friendship is a big one, and I texted my best friend to say hi and that I miss her today, and how awesome it would be if we were in the same town to watch Beaches together another time.  But if anyone asks, I'm both CC and Hillary together.  Thanks Gary and Bette!

No comments: