Sunday, May 18, 2014

Drive Fast, Take Chances

I was startled out of bed this morning by what sounded like the smoke alarm.  I launched out of bed to find out what was on fire, and it turns out it was an old alarm clock that she'd pulled in and it went crazy.  I went back to bed, and got up later than expected to start out on our trip.

We made an 8.5 hour drive in 7.5 hours.  We even took the long way, which was pretty impressive.  We started listening to an audio book to pass the time on the last stretch of road.  We picked "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn, and listened to a few chapters.

So far I like it, it seems like an interesting start.  Hubby is less interested in the story.  I see parallels in our marriage so far; they are celebrating 5 years, we are celebrating 10 this year.  From what I hear, that is where the similarities are going to end.

No comments: