Thursday, June 24, 2010

Start Out Crying, End up Smiling

I awoke to an email from my mother about my half-brother getting back to his alcholic ways.  It's gotten to the point where he called my mom (his stepmother, whom he's never really been close to), in a drunken state and she came over to talk to him.

His wife is leaving him, and taking the kids.  He goes to a bar after work and gets drunk, and then comes home.  He's been through rehab and remained sober once, after a DUI.

I cried in the shower that morning.  For my brother, his kids, my dad.  It just seemed like nothing could work out for anyone.

Then I got an email about a job that didn't exist that I had asked for anyway.  They are going to give me some assignments to see how I work out.  I'm not getting excited about it yet, but at least there is a ray of sunshine.

No comments: