Friday, June 11, 2010

Golden Comedy

I was flipping through my Entertainment Weekly and came across the monitor for Rue McClanahan.  I read it, because  I adored the Golden Girls while it was on.  I'm fairly certain I've seen every episode, even though it's been so long I'm sure they'd all be new to me again if I watched them.

Or would they?

On the bottom of the page they had their favorite Blanche episodes, and one of them was when Blanche's father wanted her to come home because he was sick.  She refused, and he died, and she had to deal with the guilt at his funeral.  This struck a chord in me, because of my own father's death.

However, the next episode shocked the hell out of me.  Blanche has an elaborate dream in which she finds out her husband faked his death because he couldn't stand being married to her anymore.  Sound familiar?

I went onto YouTube and found the episode, and it was all there.  The emotions, the trama.  The only thing my dream had been missing was Sonny Bono.

My life is a fucking Golden Girl's episode.

If it wasn't so hilarious, I'd cry.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh that Big Daddy episode is heartbreaking.

That just means you are one foxy, half-southern lady like Blanche!

TextPro said...

Apparently!