Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cabin Fever

I got shin splints from using my Shape-Ups and playing Just Dance on the Wii.  I woke up on Monday and noticed my legs were really sore, so I went to work and didn't work out that day.  Then they felt worse the next day, and the next, and I had no idea what was going on.

It took my co-worker mentioning shin splints to me on Thursday for me to get it.  I looked it up on WebMd, and that's what I had.  I iced my leg Thursday and Friday night, spent all day Saturday video editing with a friend and keeping my foot elevated the whole time.  I didn't work out all week, nor did I even go anywhere, so I have this massive cabin fever.

Sadly, my leg still hurts to walk on.  One thing WebMd didn't tell me was how long this lasts.  Either way, it seems things like this always happen.  I go to work out to lose some weight, and end up on the couch for a week.  It's like someone out there wants me to be fat and unhappy.  Ugh.

1 comment:

DL White said...

That blows, man. Much like as soon as I decide I am going to start working out, Mother Nature brings her behind to sit on mine. So now I have to motivate myself to workout WHILE on my cycle. Hi, that sucks. At least I know when my cycle will end.

I have no idea how long shin splints last, but don't hurt yourself!