Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Or, you could, you know...be a friend.

I made another blog purely for professional reasons.  My awesome cousin who freelances for a living was giving me tips on what to do to get more jobs, and one was to have a blog that looked popular.  She said "get it on twitter, get a fanpage for Facebook, stumble it, digg it, get it out there."

So I did.

I asked my friends to get the word out on Facebook, so I could at least have a fair amount of people on it as fans so that the widget would look good.  They didn't really do it.  After months of trying to get it out there, I've gotten a grand-ass total of 28 people.  I don't know 3 of those people.  The rest are people I invited.

So I'm mad today, because on Monday my friend decided to make a "Get Betty White on Glee" and she already has over 200 people.  Where were all those effing people when I needed hits to my blog?

I'm just glad I have this blog to complain to without worrying about updating it on Twitter and Facebook.  This is my sanctuary.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Maybe you should write a blog post about Betty White being on Glee? ;)

PS I read about it on Perez, so congrats to your friend!

TextPro said...

Sadly, that one wasn't hers. It was made after her, they must've emailed Perez or something to get that many people that quickly.

Is it bad that makes me feel a little better?