Thursday, July 06, 2006

Goodbye Old Pal

Tomorrow is the last day I get to spend with my best friend for the past 7 years. We met my senior year of high school, but I knew Red had personality the moment I saw him. It took some warming up to get used to him. But we became fast friends. Whenever I wanted to go anywhere he was there for me. We went up to the lake...we never got there fast, but we got there and had a good time.

The only time Red ever left me when I needed him is when he knew others were there for me. He never abandoned me, and I've never abandoned him. Until now. I feel tremendous guilt over it, but our time was up. Even though I love him, Red was getting old. Even though I know I can always depend on him, I know his days are dwindling. It kills me that he's getting older, and not looking so hot anymore. I worry about what is going to happen to him when I leave him. How can you not be upset when you've spent the past 7 years in each others presence? We've never been apart from each other more than a few weeks. We have a history together, and you can't expect me to not be a little emotional.

I don't care that he's just a car. Red had personality and style, and my new car does not. My new car is a Black 2000 Camry. Blah. It's bland and dependable and safe, and does NOT help my quarter life crisis. My mother drives a Camry for crying out loud. I need to think of a name for my new car that recaptures my youth, and makes me feel good.

But for now I'm going to miss Red and all the good times we had. I love you Red, you'll always be my first...

No comments: