Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Life Lessons

“Why do you think I procrastinate on cleaning my room (barracks room) so much, but yet keep a clean apartment when I have one?”~ Angel Girl

Have you ever heard the phase, “Don’t shit where you eat?” The Urban Dictionary defines it as “do not have romantic relationships with any co-workers" Basically, you don't want to make yourself uncomfortable (by potentially having a romantic relationship get ugly, or "shitting") at the place where you work ("where you eat").”

I personally think it has another definition. If it doesn’t, I’m going make it up right now. In fact, I might switch it around a bit.

Right now your barracks are where you stay, but it isn’t yours. It’s not your space, so therefore you don’t really care about it. It’s not a place where you are going to invite friends over and have a drink. Your apartment is.

Your apartment represents all that you are about. People come over and see what you represent by your apartment, and only a single video game-playing bachelor doesn’t care about a messy apartment.

I don’t know about you, but I feel like a failure when I can’t keep 950 square feet clean. It’s a reflection on me.

But no one sees your barracks, so who the fuck cares? Am I right?

“What's the absolutely worst thing you've ever eaten?”~ Rodlyman

I’ll give you the worst thing I ever drank, and the worst thing I’ve ever eaten…although technically they were both drinks.

The worst thing I’ve ever drank was “The Lemonade” from The Master Cleanse Diet. It’s a drink consisting of:

1. Hot Water
2. The Juice of 2 Lemons
3. Cayenne Pepper
4. Maple Syrup

It was the most disgusting thing ever. On the second day of the diet I got acid reflux so bad I had to stop. That crap was burning my esophagus, and to this day when I think of that drink my throat hurts.

The worst thing I’ve ever “eaten” was a Quail Egg Shooter at a sushi bar. It was just like swallowing a raw egg…and all the icky goodness that comes with it. I'm always up for trying new things at the sushi bar, but I'll never try that again!

No comments: