Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ewww, Stinky

"Have you ever worn patchouli?"~Jamie

That reminds me of a great story;

My mom tried to go to her college class back in the day, and a police officer stopped her. He said to her "I'm sorry, but you can't go in there."

"You don't understand, I have a test in 15 minutes." My mother said.

"No...you don't understand; There is a riot going on on campus, and we can't let anyone in there."

Now, my mother has an agenda. She's bold. She's fearless.

Or maybe she's just crazy. But I choose to think she was/is Bold! Fearless! She had a test she needed to get to, so she told the policeman off, and walked to her class. Her professor wasn't there, and the test was put off. But she was there!

Later in life she would walk through a riot to get me from work, and I appreciated her boldness ever since. You see, my mom was fabulous hippie. True, she never walked in a protest, but she had the fashion side down pat. She only washed her jet black hair once a week, and she worked at a shoe store for a stint, so she had fabulous shoes. She had style, she had flair...and she kept everything. So earlier in my life I was a fabulous 60's throwback in my wooden wedge shoes and my bell bottoms.

But sadly, both my mother and I have an aversion to certain fabrics. So everything we shared from the good old sixties was cotton or cotton-like. Hemp, or patchouli, was far too itchy.

So, No. Never wore it. Even though I'm half hippie.

No comments: