Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Pretty Pictures and Disappearing Products

HankLNU asks:

“What I want to know is, where did you get that picture for your profile? Everytime I look for a picture to match what idea I’m thinking, I end up with a crappy one. The one you have is awesome. How’d you find it?”

I wish I could say I found my profile picture myself. It just happened to fit my TDG status. My Lover Boy happened to find it when he was looking up a recipe on Wikipedia. Who knew, right?

Usually though, if I find a cool picture, I’ll center my blog entry around it. It’s a lot easier than blogging, then finding a picture. I’ve found. But you know who’s best at finding great pictures to go with her posts? WordWhiz…who happens to be up next!

“Why do the best products invented for use by women always end up being pulled from the shelves?”

Because Corporate America loves to make women change their whole lifestyle every few years. Think about how many favorite perfumes we’ve had….why did we change what our favorite was? Because they stopped making it.

Do you remember Japanese Washing Grains from The Body Shop? Ginger Lilly scent from The Healing Garden? That beautiful strawberry blond hair dye by Clariol Hydrience? I do….they are my most missed products. Then there was that birth control pill. My boobs were huge; my zits were a distance memory. The best looking six months of my life were on that pill until they dis-continued it. I feel your pain WordWhiz.

Now, why does Corporate America do this to just women? I mean, come on, they still have Brell Shaving Cream. I think that is the shaving cream the cavemen first used.

Sadly, this goes back to an earlier post about men. They just don’t care. Why bother changing up their shaving soap on them, they’ll just get something cheaper. But women, we’ll go to lengths to find something that was the exact same thing as that one product we had….that beautiful product that makes everything right in the world. And we’ll pay more. That is the only reason they do it to us instead of them.


Tomorrow, Why Creeps have Great Careers. (Leave your question as a comment)

No comments: