Thursday, May 18, 2006

Drink, but Not To Much

Ever since that night(The night that caused me to become TDG) I’ve been a practicing two drink girl. My first night out I had a midori sour and a long island iced tea. I think my later teenage years was when I had the biggest tolerance for alcohol.

I really had very few nights of big drinking…but they were all fun. My favorite was once a year, when we had the famous Easter Egg Stuffing Night. I lived in one of those “old money” communities where the homeowners association actually used the dues to do fun things for the community. So a bunch of the women would go over to one house and stuff the plastic Easter eggs with candy, and little pieces of paper with a number, so you could win a bigger prize.

We started out the night with a fantastic dinner, and then started stuffing…with a glass of wine of course! My mom and I would take turns, every year one of us would be the designated driver, and we would stuff those Easter eggs and have the best time ever.

Then the first banquet dinner in college I knew I was going to get wasted…they weren’t going to card at the bar…I was going to get drunk on campus at my University! I was about 3 and ½ glasses of wine in when they called my name. I had won a scholarship, and I had to go up and accept it. I remember thinking “Am I naked? Because in this dream I’m usually naked!” That didn’t stop me from going to the after party and having my first Smirnoff Ice. Oooh, and Mike’s Hard Lemonade. Good stuff, all.

I’ve been thinking a lot about drinking lately. I never really got to try anything new, because they are too expensive. It makes me sad when I think I might never have a Sex on the Beach, or ever even know if a Screaming Orgasm really is a drink. But I love my old standbys; the cheap white zin and white merlot, toasted almond, and my favorite margarita. I keep thinking when I get home I’m going to make myself a drink…that I deserve a drink. Then I get home and forget about it. I haven’t had a drink in a long time…does that still make me an alcoholic? Should I join AAA (Almost Alcoholics Anonymous)?

No comments: