Monday, July 28, 2014

Daybreak Tripper

I woke up at 3:45 AM, took a shower and downed an energy drink so that I would be awake for the balloon ride.  Five minutes before we were supposed to meet the bus, we get a phone call that the trip was canceled due to weather.  It was still and calm, so not sure what happened.  Of course, now I was hopped up on energy drinks at 4:00 AM with nowhere to go.  It took three hours to calm down enough to sleep a little more, and then we headed to the Zoo.

It was humid and just under 100 degrees.  Naturally, I got heat stroke.  We had to leave for some AC and a meal.  Then we hit my favorite Big Box store and headed back to the hotel.  We had called to try and reschedule the balloon but it was sold out for tomorrow. Looks like the whole trip was a bust.

No comments: