Thursday, September 14, 2006

Just Fat, Thanks

Lover Boy and I were going to a show with some of our friends and co-workers. The girls decided to get dressed up, since we never get a chance to.

I straightened my hair and did my “smoky eyes” makeup, and I decided to wear my halter dress. This dress is my favorite because it hides my stomach, the place where 90% of my weight is. I still looked sexy, and felt confident as we walked out the door.

The opening act was fabulous, a beautiful woman in a brilliant red gown who sang like a dream. There was a 20 minute intermission after her, so I stood up to let everyone out, leaning back like everyone does (even though they know it’s not going to, it just ends up with you bending backwards over your chair).

Lover Boy’s newest co-worker was walking past and suddenly squealed; “Oh my god, you’re expecting???!!!” in her cute little high pitched voice. At first I had no idea what she was talking about, until I looked down and her finger was pointed right at my stomach.

I told her she wasn’t all that cute anymore, then I went to go stand in traffic.

No comments: