Monday, June 26, 2006

Wearing Ugly After Labor Day

This is what I wore to the wedding. It was an outdoor wedding, it flattered my body shape and didn't make me look like I was 30 pounds overweight, which I am. And no, Dragonfly, I didn't have a funky tan line. Whew!

I didn't know anyone at the wedding, so I pretty much stood alone until it started. Of course, I grabbed a bottle of water to help me through the humid 105F/40C heat.

As I sat sipping my water, I heard a woman loudly exclaim; "Oh, honey, don't worry about it, you look fabulous. The only real taboo is if you wear white to a wedding."

I turned around and sure enough, she was staring pointedly at me. I would've done anything to have the guts to say something to her at that moment, but I wasn't about to cause a catfight at someone else's wedding. I just took comfort in the fact that she was not only super old but as big as a house, and I took my seat.

She got to me though, and even though I saw at least 7 other people in more white than me as the evening progressed, and I felt like a social pariah for the rest of the time there. I even ended up at a table by myself.

Rod, I would've given anything for you to be there. We would've had a fantastic time!

To anyone who cares, here was the bride in her dress. Oh, and an update on my car: it is leaking oil something fierce. I'm thinking it's time to start looking for a new one.

No comments: