Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Liver and Onions

My doctor had me go to do an ultrasound today to check on my liver.  He didn't really give me any reason why except for my "liver levels were high."  I have no idea what that could mean for me or my future, but I made the mistake of looking it up on the internet, so now I'm worried.  I either have hepatitis B, C, or cirrhosis.  The only problem with that is that I've never had a blood transfusion, am not a slut, and don't drink heavily.  Oh, and I'm deathly afraid of needles, so the chances of me sharing one are fairly slim.

So, hopefully there is nothing wrong.  But of course I won't get any feedback on this ultrasound for 2 weeks, so I guess I should just forget about it.  So I went home, caught up on Hoarders and subsequently filled up my trash bin just on the downstairs floor alone.

I guess this is the third thing on the list of things you can't have at once.  It used to be just your love life and your professional life, you couldn't make good on both.  Apparently, if you do have both, your health goes.

Did I mention my sugar levels keep going up and down, so I've been instructed to cut back on my sugar intake?

I'm going to go cry and drink some water.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. And stay off WebMD! That website will give you cancer!

Sometimes high liver levels can just be a cellular change in blood cells or fat or something that just needs to be monitored. Hopefully that will put you at some ease.

And yes, the health thing is very true. Abe and I have each other's doctor's appointments in our calendars.