Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Only Noon?

I can't believe it's only noon. Today has been the longest day in remembrance. I swear I wouldn't write a blog unless it was important or a funny story ever again, but here I am. Writing about nothing.

Out of sheer boredom yesterday I started watching "Singing in the Rain." I actually went home and finished watching it (I love Netflix's "Watch Now" option), and suddenly had this urge to listen to all the classic Broadway/musical songs that weren't exactly super popular, but important to musical culture all the same. Songs like "Anything Goes," and tons of Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals.

I'm in a bit of a funk right now. Not a bad funk, but a funk just the same. Things are getting to me only because they have been wearing down on me like water smooths a stone. I wish my word could be trusted, not because I'm a liar, but because other people are.

Mostly, I'm in a funk because I'm bored, not really depressed. That, in turn, makes me a little depressed. I got to get out of it and move on with life.

No comments: